Friday, November 4, 2011

The Adult "Onesie"




You've seen them in catalogues, magazines.. on celebrities and thought, "Yeah Right! I could never wear one of those Rompers!" Being 5'2 and curvy, I thought for sure it would make me look like a stump. Well, my curiosity got the best of me and while shopping at White House Black Market , I saw one hanging on the wall. So, I tried it on. Hmmmmm, not too shabby. I didn't care for the plain black fabric belt it came with. I knew I needed a belt. It was 9in too long but other than that.. It looked pretty darn good.  Once the Sales lady brought me over a belt to try on with it, I was sold! The only problem... the belt alone was 60 some dollars! But it MADE the outfit!!  I don't know if it was the fact that I actually looked good in one of these Onsies or that I had completely dismissed the idea that I could ever wear one of these things and find out I rocked it pretty good. The only downfall is going to the bathroom. You have to pull the whole thing down and feel naked and vulnerable (I'm not sure why I felt this way being in a private bathroom stall).. Or you can do like I did and pull one of the legs all the way up and over to one side.  The wrinkle-free fabric made this possible :)






No comments:

Post a Comment